Monday, September 8, 2008


Leaving is a HARD thing or NOT so HARD thing to do, you decide.

So, for those who haven’t heard the rumors….yes, indeed, it’s true. Scott and I are sailing down to Mexico… for real. I know, most of you didn’t know that Scott sailed, if even at all?! He’s a surfer, right, but a sailor? Well, surprise, surprise, Scott’s has been pretty much sailing all his life. I knew about is dream to sailed down South since we’ve met. And after well over a year, events unfolded so that, this vision just became reality and everything fell into place. Next thing you know, am in for the ride to, why not? After selling Scott’s house, his practice and putting all our stuff in storage, there is not turning back. We’re left with a couple pieces of clothing (to my dismay!), 4 surfs board (not my fault!!!), and hopefully our right minds.

Scott and I have been living on the boat the Twister, for a couple weeks now. I won’t lie; it’s been a bit tight. Probably because both of us were still living our life, going out and about, and had Biscuit with us. It will just be better from now on… to be actually moving with the boat, with nothing but a sense of discovery and adventure.

First destinationà Port Angeles, WA. Of course, we’re a bit nervous, it’s a lot of having faith of the unknown, trusting that the world is truly round all over again. As we will learn to trust the waters, we will try to keep you guys posted as much as possible. I guess this doesn’t mean that we could never experience difficulty, but I guess we can trust that we will know how to handle it. : )

Scott and I left the West Bay Marina in Esquimalt this morning. Oh my God!!! we are gone, GONE!! It is HARD because it is gorgeous as we leave this morning. Let’s face it; Victoria is magnificent in its splendor. But leaving is NOT so HARD because…. here’s is to being stoked on life to the fullest, here’s is to being faith-filled and fear-free, here’s to nothing

7 comments:

Thomas said...

Estelle, wow, I thought you'd be leaving on Wednesday! So you won't be at Maude's goodbye party tonight, I thought I'd see you there. Anyway, have a good sail and enjoy the time, hopefully we'll meet again some day, say hello to Scott (well, I can do that right here: "Hi Scott!" :>), Thomas.

P.S.: I strongly believe the world is round :). Haven't checked, though :-P

Emilie said...

Bon voyage...
let the worries float away with the tides

Mel said...

Bon voyage Estelle !!! I look forward to reading about your sailing adventures.
Be careful out there and enjoy the experience to the fullest. Amazing.
Mel Watier.

Kaitlin said...

Ohhhh so good!!
the stars over the open water sound amazing :)
i miss you though... but now i will think of you guys on your little boat when i get a great view of the stars in a black sky.
xoxoxo!! i miss you!!

Unknown said...

It was great to see you guys at the wedding before you took to the water - I am so jealous! Keep up the posts...have an awesome adventure!

Lou Ann said...

All of us in Allantic Canada who are reading about your adventures are delighted to get the stories you write!

Thanks for sharing your experiences, your humour and your sense of fun.

Lou Ann

estelle and scott said...

THANK YOU ! MERCI EVERYBODY! ABOUT ALL THE LOVELY COMMENTS ABOUT THE BLOG!!! IT'S A GREAT JOY FOR ME TO WRITE IT and am so glad so many of you like it. It's great!! Next blog is tonight!!! : )